Wednesday, September 24, 2008

vow of silence, sort of...

I am a different believer than I used to be…

I feel as though I’ve changed over these last few years.

I no longer have signs visibly giving attention to my faith.

No Christian t-shirt, no bumper sticker promising to ride with Him, no bible study or Sunday school attendance to account for.

I am more and yet, less at the same time. I am more aware that I don’t look the part. I am less visible.

I am not sure if that is enough for my brothers and sisters, as I know that we don’t live in an age of drawing convictions in the sand. We need people to tattoo Jesus on their skin. We need signs.

For now, I am okay with not being enough, because I know that someday I will be more balanced, more visible, less hidden. Until then…hopefully my life speaks louder than my words.

No comments: