Thursday, September 20, 2007

sell all that you own

I am sure that when jesus said this, he didn't really mean because the person himself was poor. I am, however, in that situation. Because of my own stupidity, I am left with nothing. Instead of being depressed and angry, I am finding myself ecstatic. I love not having "stuff". I have never been attached to things, per se. But, this is quite an extreme mode of living. I think it goes back to my need to survive growing up. When you are just trying to survive the situation, then you find out what is truly important. (books, people, underwear) The hardest part is knowing how poor I really am. I am not just poor, but I am much like the government. I have a deficit. This is something I don't like attached to me. Red ink is a part of who I am currently. This must change. Hence, selling all that I own...

1 comment:

Allie, Dearest said...

I love you.
You are wonderful.