Saturday, September 22, 2007

Just face it

i am listening to a lot, a lot of country music lately. I think i am wanting to get back to my roots, get back to a time when my life was simpler, and more down to earth.

I was leaving the apartment today after a long day of cleaning, purging, and organizing. While driving, I heard Carrie Underwood's new song, "Wasted".

I started to examine exactly where I am at in this season of my life. The lyrics were quite poignant for my current situation. I don't want to just exist. One of my biggest fears in life is that I will look back upon my life regretting missed opportunities and wrong decisions. So, this song speaks to me.

here's a sample:

She said sometimes love slips away
and you just can't get it back
Let's face it

For one split second
She almost turned around
But that would be like pouring rain drops
Back into a cloud
So she took another step and said
I see the way out and I'm gonna' take it


This song is true for me. I almost went back into the situation that i have since left. And yes, I saw my way out. I am not regretful of my decision. It was a difficult one. And I am facing it. Is this a sign of maturity? Oh God, I hope so.

No comments: