Thursday, January 17, 2008

asking for it...

last week at work I asked someone to "get under my skin", "get on my nerves", whatever idiom you might want to use...basically just be plain mean and just say mean things...

the plan/experiment was to see how much I could take...

okay, last night was the limit. I don't have an exoskeleton for verbal jabbing....also, I am not creative enough to fight back...

now, i am soaking up the words. like a permeation.

digesting them.

believing them.

and today, my heart feels like the weather, cold and dark.

i allow words to have too much power in my life.

at least the wrong ones.

i need new ones.

now.

words like these: redemption-- hope-- gratefulness-- beauty

2 comments:

Allie, Dearest said...

You are wonderful and lovely. Kind and generous. You really "look" at people when they talk to you and you care sometimes too much for others, to the point of personal neglect.

And yet, I wouldn't ask you to be any different. I think that this is Jesus in you, showing us Himself, showing us how He lives bravely on inside of those we hurt or slight sometimes. He is brave, bold and courageous in the face of opposition, spite, humor, meanness and assault. He is compassion in the midst of harsh words.

You are those things, and He is those things in You.

valerielee said...

thanks for your beautiful words. they mean so much. so very much.