Monday, May 5, 2008

feels like home

right now I am currently typing in my room while my roomates are asleep upstairs. can I tell you that I've never had roomates? when I was in YWAM, I shared a room with others, but that felt more like a dorm...not necessarily a roomate situation.

i've been thinking lately about the course of my life over the last year. it has been just over a year since my ex-husband stopped working. I think this time last year was when I started to break down. it was about july last year when I started wondering where we were going to live. I was panicking that the two options would be to be homeless, or move back to his parents small living quarters. he did have to move back home, but I think this option was good for him as he will have loved ones who can love him unconditionally, and take care of him

i feel like I am finally at peace about where I am living. I rent, and don't own a home of my own. But the house I rent is beautiful, and I love the people that I share this home with. It is warm, inviting, and safe and quiet.

for someone that prides herself on such little belongings, I recently bought a bed and sheets, pillows, and the like. Some would say, well of course you need to spend money on that. But this cheap gal agonized over every buying decision. But after all the agonizing is over, I have a great little piece of furniture to sleep peacefully at night.

it does feel like home.

1 comment:

Just J for now said...

"Home" feels good doesn't it? I'm happy for you.