Tuesday, June 24, 2008

confidence is a tricky thing...

some days I am brilliant. some days I am controversial. some days I am just make a fool of myself. I think that my confidence is swayed by my feelings, as if they are a compass...I feel this about myself today so therefore I am confident. When I am unsure of myself in a certain area, I waver in being confident. Sometimes, I've been known to lose all confidence in myself over something small...seemingly small...that didn't seem so small to me. It happens to me more than I care to admit. It happens no matter how many times I try to quote a scripture about putting my confidence in Christ. I think that when I know I didn't do my all, everything I could, that is when I lack the confidence. However, sometimes, the confidence is not there even though I know what I am doing...I am hoping that this is just a phase of early adulthood. I hope that as I age, my confidence is more steady, less of a reed in the wind. But, what am I to do about it now? until then?

1 comment:

Just J for now said...

Glad you're writing again even if just to voice your doubts. Sometimes writing helps to sort through these confusing emotions.

When you lack confidence, just remember how much you mean to people. I don't want to say anything trite here, but confidence is about who you are, not what you do. And Val, you are an amazing person.