Saturday, June 21, 2008

list of 14 things on 43things.com

Well, this is one of my goals on my list. Some of them are mildly entertaining. Some of them are a far away thought. But this one, this one inhabits all sorts of ideas, memories, past mistakes, indecisiveness, and just plain regret. Because I have not finished something completely, I am hesitant to write about it. But, I guess I can look at it from a “progress” perspective.
This summer I started this goal. I started a class at a local community college. I started looking into things like credits, costs, and timing of the classes I needed. What I found was that I needed three credits, essentially one class. Just one. Only one. I was stunned. I started to wonder why I had went to school, and quit with only one class to go. But, I stopped that mode of thinking, as I know that kind of thinking profits me nothing. So, I planned my schedule, and took the nights off from my part-time job at Starbux, and forked over the money for the class and textbook. And now I am four weeks into the class, that is only five weeks long.
So, that’s a good explanation of where I’ve been. Stuck in a class 3 nights a week.
Now, because I don’t do anything lightly, I decided to finish my Bachelor’s degree online…and decided to start that the same time I was finishing up the other. I now affectionately call my room the dungeon. I feel like I have been glued to my bed doing some sort of homework for the last 4 weeks. But, honestly, I can’t imagine my life any different right now. I am finally getting something on this list scratched off, and taking a big chunk out of the “regrets” in my life.
So, right now, even though things are still a bit rough and difficult, I am doing oh so well…I am happy, feeling fulfilled, and enjoying the course of my life thus far.
This is a very different feeling than what I felt a year ago…more on that later.

No comments: