Saturday, October 20, 2007

feelings-can't I just trade them in at Wal-Mart?

Wal-Mart takes anything back right? Well, that being the case, I'd like to take my feelings back. I could do an exchange for some different ones. I don't like the ones I have right now...feelings of loneliness, feelings of sorrow, grieving,etc. I know, I know...feelings just are; you can't just trade them in.

But this girl sure would like to trade them in today. Last night, as I was working, I just began to cry, and I am not even sure exactly what prompted it. I know that I haven't had enough sleep lately. And when I don't get enough sleep, I get emotional. But, this felt deeper, like something had opened up, and wasn't about to be closed again. I have been telling those around me that I haven't even begun to process what has happened to me in the last six months--the change of events.

So, I think that I couldn't hold it in anymore. And so here I am the next morning, and it feels like I have awoke from a dream. Some of the feelings are still left over, and I want to swallow any sadness that I feel. But, I can't. I am feeling it. And I don't like it.

So, as I go shopping with a friend today, I am going to ask that we make a trip to Walley World to see if the retailer that will take anything back will take back my unwanted feelings, and just exchange them for some that I like, like happiness, wonder, satisfaction, contentment, etc.

2 comments:

Just J for now said...

If you "return" your feelings then you won't get to experience them. I know it hurts (believe me), but let yourself feel. Otherwise when you're at your happiest, you won't appreciate it.

Our feelings are a big part of who we are. We cry for a reason; it's a cleansing of the soul. Nothing wrong with it. When you're past this darkest part, you'll look back on it and realize how strong you are.

valerielee said...

thanks for the encouragement! it means a lot. I know that some of what I've been feeling is just me being exhausted. But, the other part is real, the part I wasn't expecting...the pain of it...even though I know this was the right decision...there is the pain that just won't go away, unless I acknowledge it...

Today, I woke up with the sun shining on my face, and felt immensely better...Thank God for sunshine.