Sunday, October 28, 2007

my sunday condition

i am currently still in bed...have only had a shower, and sparingly, leftover sushi...haven't even went outside. my body says rest, don't do anything. and because I am trying to be less stubborn, or perhaps because what I am currently reading is good enough to keep me inside...it is bringing up all sorts of thoughts about choices and decisions...

I started to think of the concept of unconditional love...loving someone without condition. Can a person really do that? I mean, isn't that what we do? We love others on the condition that they don't change, they stay the same...or maybe they change, and we wonder if we can love them in this new condition...can we love them the same way?

I also started to think about each choice that we make and how it can create a million and one different outcomes. What choice is right at the time? What if the choice we made 6 years ago was not the right one, and it has lead to this point in time. And sometimes we make the wrong choice, and something really great happens from that decision. I like to think that's where Grace steps in and takes over.

I woke up Saturday morning grateful to be alive. grateful to be in America. I know that sounds cliche but I could have been born in another country, time period, and with less opportunity and fortune. Now, on my worse days I do not think this. I am not always grateful or appreciative for the family I was born into, or the city I've grown up in.

But, Saturday, my "manic" side or "euphoric" side felt that no matter how bad it is for me now, or has been, that it could be so much worse.

Also, spending time with some friends, much needed girl time I might add, celebrating one person's birthday made it so enjoyable. living, for all its woes, is adventurous. living is opportunistic. living life is all about the next choice I am going to make....take the vitamins, or go to bed early, or call that friend I need to reconnect with...decisions decisions...

4 comments:

Allie, Dearest said...

It's so great to be grateful for what we have--even something as simple as living here and having options. Because you know how much harder life would be for us poetic types if we had no options...

valerielee said...

i like how you say "us", as I don't think I include myself in that pronoun...but yes, having options is truly wonderful.

Just J for now said...

On unconditional love: I think we can love unconditionally, but I think people confuse the idea of "love" with the idea of "sacrifice."

We can love someone and not stay in a bad situation. We don't have to sacrifice ourselves to love someone else. We can love from a distance when it's necessary.

I'm not saying that love never means sacrificing, but I am saying that love doesn't always mean sacrificing.

Sometimes the best love you can give is from a distance.

We have to love ourselves too after all.

Anonymous said...

V.. This is great.