Friday, October 12, 2007

What does being called look like?

I have been thinking these last few weeks of the reality of being called by God. I can look back on my life and recognize different times in my life where I have felt as though I was meant to serve, follow, believe in God. At this point in my life I believe it would do me no good to walk away from Him, as I have been called. If I run, He will not abandon me. He can't. I am called. I cannot walk away from the faith that I now am holding onto so desperately.

I also have moments where I am truly grateful for grace, favor, blessing and the like. I am going through a period in my life in which I am counting every penny. And honestly, even though I am living my life "without margins"(Andy Stanley reference), I am seeing God's grace in my life. I have "extra". I wasn't expecting to have that. I still am in the red, but I am not unprepared. I can still say no to bankruptcy. This hopefully is an example of diligence and wisdom...(and a little help from Dave Ramsey!)

So, although I have no idea what direction my life is headed, or even where I might lay my head months from now, I have an assurance that I am called...I am beginning to understand that it's not about me...I am called for His purposes. So, it's okay that I don't have it all figured out. :)

...who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity(2Tim 1:9)

1 comment:

Just J for now said...

Yes, knowing this does bring a certain comfort to any situation. Knowing that you're not in a free fall, rather you're being guided gently to the ground allows you to relax even when it seems the ground is rushing in on you.

I spent the morning getting caught up on your blog. Glad to know you're doing fine. It was great talking to you the other day. I admire your bravery.