Thursday, November 22, 2007

alive and well

thankfulness...be thankful...those are the words that I remember hearing from a woman when I prayed for deliverance from my past...that sort of charismatic deliverance that meant you didn't walk the same, act the same, talk the same anymore...You've been delivered and changed...

As I think of today, I think that i while I am somewhat lonely, I have no reason to be...I am loved by others, and I hope to love them as well in return.

One year ago I was lying on a couch, confined to staying in bed recovering from a car accident. I was lonely then to, but appreciative to simply be alive.

Even many years before that, on Thanksgiving day, I found myself in a home of a "high society" 90 year old woman who took me back in time, through stories, pictures, and architecture, for she boasted that she had designed the blueprints of her home all by herself. She in fact mentioned these stories more than once....That thanksgiving is the one I still cherish most after all this time. I could see that we were the only ones visiting her that day, no one else, and all we were doing were bringing her some cold leftovers.

I am still thankful to be alive, but I want to "live" like that 90 year old woman...she was truly alive.

No comments: