Wednesday, November 14, 2007

small reminders and surprises

Tuesday night, as I was driving home from a late shift, I started to cry. I have been emotional lately, and I am letting myself cry when I feel like it. I don't want to bottle everything up. I also don't want to be a blubbering mess in front of others...so I allow myself to "feel" on my way home...I actually was wanting to just escape. I don't know what my limit is...as far as trying to take care of everything...I don't know how much further I can go. So, I was praying for relief...and I also asked for some good things, unexpected things to happen this week. I wasn't wanting to complain...I just was thinking....this is getting close to being more than I could handle. So, here are a few "good" unexpected occurrences....

  1. last night at SBUX was an easy close...we had enough people...it was fun again.
  2. I came into said SBUX to get my morning coffee and was greeted with 2 hugs. XoXo.
  3. I received two unexpected emails yesterday from friends I haven't seen as they've moved away.
  4. I keep getting friend requests from others on my new facebook account. (instead of the other way around)
  5. The sun was blindingly bright again this morning.(no really I do enjoy that!)
This has been really nice so far. At this time in my life, I definitely don't want to miss the reminders and surprises that pop up.

2 comments:

Just J for now said...

I love "feeling" everything. I'm proud of you for allowing it in yourself. Also, yes, those little treasures are wonderful.

Here's one treasure for today: Your friend from Texas thinks of you often. And, she admires your courage.

valerielee said...

awww...shucks! Thanks!